Forum

Replies

• Never got into Acid Jazz, but early Rap/Hip Hop was a staple for me when younger.

I started out with the Electro compilations on the Street Sounds label. This progressed onto the Hip Hop comp's on the same label. The early 80's was the heyday for that music and was glad I was old enough to appreciate it.

I love stuff by, BDP, Mc Shan, Roxanne, Grandmaster Flash, Derek B, London Posse, Silver Bullet, A Tribe Called Quest and early Run DMC. I could be here all day listing stuff as there was so much good stuff!

• I loved Public Enemy  but never got into Acid JAzz at all but was a rave DJ 93-94.

• I love Jamiroquai esp their early stuff with Stu Zender on bass. Really liked Corduroy and BNH too...

• I used to hate hip-hop in high school, but have since changed my thinking. One of my fave late '80s/early '90s songs is 'Humpty Dance' by Digital Underground... great beat and awesomely funny lyrics. Many other Tommy Boy bands from back then were really good too. Again, didn't appreciate them back then. One band I did dig in those days, though, was De La Soul. They were great! Beastie Boys too, even though I didn't get into them until later.

I did like Acid Jazz a lot though... way more than brit-pop! Used to love Corduroy, Mother Earth, and, of course, JTQ.

Some new hip-hip is pretty good too. A buddy turned me onto MF Doom and I liked his stuff pretty alright.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Wow... It'd be great to see Fred Wesley perform live. I saw Tower of Power perform live recently and that was pretty special.

• Oh man! Very envious.

• It would be good if he could play the U.K.

• Nope it's not Kai but thanks for the info' anyway. I've got Weller and Stone Roses gigs in June.

• Heads up Chief ,, I DJ also and love all the Acid Jazz stuff and Old School HipHop too ,,,, Eric B and Rakim , Tuff Crew , Stetsasonic , Schooly D , Ice T etc etc check out my night 'Beat Surrender' and 'Move On Up' Monthly Nights , also on FB ,, KTF brother .

• And don't forget they also sampled Vernon Burch - Get Up for Groove Is In The Heart as well. Oh, not to forget the cowbell from Ray Barretto - Right On.

There's a few other samples in there but can't remember them off the top of my head.
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: