Forum

Amazing B sides

Over the past few years I have started to collect some fantastic vinyl 45s again. Some have been bought from car boot sales for next to nothing and others I have paid a few quid for, although to be honest I have not paid more than £12 yet. I already had quite a few great Soul and R&B singles from my early Mod days and have often been amazed at just how good some of the B sides are on these tracks. I will start off with the B side to a record I have had since 1982. 'Mockingbird' by Inez Foxx was the first record released on the British Sue label in 1963 (as far as I am aware), as well as the main track being superb the B side called 'He's the one You Love' is fantastic too. So what are your own favourite B sides to these crackin records.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think the vast majority of people on here have a fine taste in music as well as clothes, but thanks for the compliment Al and Gary. I will certainly be on the bell when we meet up next ha ha
    • Oh! Now that you mention that, Chris; you got an excellent taste in music, btw, hahaha!
    • You and the good Mrs A will certainly be bought a nice beer (or whatever) in Babbitys Kai. Got to show off our renowned Glasgow hospitality.

• Fantastic flipside Chris... Guilty also mate as I also have, "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" and never flipped it. In fact I haven't played the A-side in donkeys years! Bravo dude ;0)
    Marvin Gaye Need Somebody - YouTube
    • Cheers for that Gary, as ever you are a class act. I am the same as you in that I have also not played the A side for an awful long time, maybe as far back as 1983 or so. I think it became so overplayed in the latter part of the 80s with the Levi advert that it put me right off it.
      Marvin Gaye Need Somebody - YouTube
  • The Amazing B side to the ultra amazing Buddy Ace - Screaming Please

Buddy Ace - What Can I Do - YouTube
    • Cracker of a song there Gary.
      I have a coupe of suggestions to add to this ever growing list of fantastic songs. The first is the B side of Marving Gaye's 'Heard it Through the Grapevine' from 68 and is called 'Need Somebody.' It is a truly fantastic record and my only regret is that I have owned that record for at least 35 years and it took until today to play the B side. The other one I have only owned since last week and is the B side to the Velvelettes 'These Things Will Keep me Loving You.' It is called 'Since You've Been Loving Me' and yet again is a wonderful song, and like the Marvin Gaye one, even better than the A side imho. If you know them well you have been luckier than me to have been listening to them for a while, if not search them out as they are well worth the effort.
    • That's a belter Gary :-)
    • Thanks Paddy... A proper uplifting, jumping at the Go-Go tune!

• The amazing B side to the one and only one.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: