Forum

Amazing B sides

Over the past few years I have started to collect some fantastic vinyl 45s again. Some have been bought from car boot sales for next to nothing and others I have paid a few quid for, although to be honest I have not paid more than £12 yet. I already had quite a few great Soul and R&B singles from my early Mod days and have often been amazed at just how good some of the B sides are on these tracks. I will start off with the B side to a record I have had since 1982. 'Mockingbird' by Inez Foxx was the first record released on the British Sue label in 1963 (as far as I am aware), as well as the main track being superb the B side called 'He's the one You Love' is fantastic too. So what are your own favourite B sides to these crackin records.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The 1969 B side to 'I Love You'. I would never have guessed this was a B side. Squeezed my heart to bit's as a teenager... Incredible!

NS KTF 596 Eddie Holman I Surrender - YouTube
    • Great record Gary. One that I have never owned aside from being on an LP. I remember he sang at a soul alldayer i attended in Stirling in 1985. We were all trying to get him to sing 'Eddie's my Name' but he never did. He did sing 'I Surrender' twice right enough for some unknown reason.
    • A big favourite of mine but not a copy I own myself Chris. I'm just amazed that it's the B side and still available in pretty good nick for under £15.

A great memory to have heard him live ;0)

• I haven't posted on this thread in ages ... but as we've had a Marvin Gaye B Side posted, I thought I'd throw this (the B side of the sublime "Take This Heart Of Mine") in here for your delectation .... I love the N'Awlins style piano roll

Marvin Gaye ~ Need Your LovinG ( Want You Back ) - YouTube
    • A terrific track Ian. Motown is Motown, the Blue Note of soul in my humble opinion. Just imagine the unreleased Motown tracks collecting dust in the vaults ;0)  

• That is a really brilliant track Ian. Sadly It is not one of the records I have but have yet to play the B side. I shall certainly look out for it now though.
  • A beautiful late night moocher Chris. As you say, the thread is continuing to producing some awesome sounds.

Velvelettes- Since You've Been Loving Me (Stereo) - YouTube
    • I love this tune Gary, I`m just an old softy at heart ;-)

• Sincere and sensitive as opposed to softy Al, ha ha. Besides, it's a superb Mr. Cameron pick and we all know he's defo got a soft spot for amazing b-sides ;0)

• You`re too kind Gary, but right of course...Ha-ha, and yes Chris has a fine taste in music ;-)

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: