Forum

Amazing B sides

Over the past few years I have started to collect some fantastic vinyl 45s again. Some have been bought from car boot sales for next to nothing and others I have paid a few quid for, although to be honest I have not paid more than £12 yet. I already had quite a few great Soul and R&B singles from my early Mod days and have often been amazed at just how good some of the B sides are on these tracks. I will start off with the B side to a record I have had since 1982. 'Mockingbird' by Inez Foxx was the first record released on the British Sue label in 1963 (as far as I am aware), as well as the main track being superb the B side called 'He's the one You Love' is fantastic too. So what are your own favourite B sides to these crackin records.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I haven't posted on this thread in ages ... but as we've had a Marvin Gaye B Side posted, I thought I'd throw this (the B side of the sublime "Take This Heart Of Mine") in here for your delectation .... I love the N'Awlins style piano roll

Marvin Gaye ~ Need Your LovinG ( Want You Back ) - YouTube
    • A terrific track Ian. Motown is Motown, the Blue Note of soul in my humble opinion. Just imagine the unreleased Motown tracks collecting dust in the vaults ;0)  

• That is a really brilliant track Ian. Sadly It is not one of the records I have but have yet to play the B side. I shall certainly look out for it now though.
  • This reply was deleted.
    • I love this tune Gary, I`m just an old softy at heart ;-)

• Sincere and sensitive as opposed to softy Al, ha ha. Besides, it's a superb Mr. Cameron pick and we all know he's defo got a soft spot for amazing b-sides ;0)

• You`re too kind Gary, but right of course...Ha-ha, and yes Chris has a fine taste in music ;-)

• I think the vast majority of people on here have a fine taste in music as well as clothes, but thanks for the compliment Al and Gary. I will certainly be on the bell when we meet up next ha ha
    • Oh! Now that you mention that, Chris; you got an excellent taste in music, btw, hahaha!
    • You and the good Mrs A will certainly be bought a nice beer (or whatever) in Babbitys Kai. Got to show off our renowned Glasgow hospitality.

• Fantastic flipside Chris... Guilty also mate as I also have, "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" and never flipped it. In fact I haven't played the A-side in donkeys years! Bravo dude ;0)
    Marvin Gaye Need Somebody - YouTube
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: