Forum

Amazing B sides

Over the past few years I have started to collect some fantastic vinyl 45s again. Some have been bought from car boot sales for next to nothing and others I have paid a few quid for, although to be honest I have not paid more than £12 yet. I already had quite a few great Soul and R&B singles from my early Mod days and have often been amazed at just how good some of the B sides are on these tracks. I will start off with the B side to a record I have had since 1982. 'Mockingbird' by Inez Foxx was the first record released on the British Sue label in 1963 (as far as I am aware), as well as the main track being superb the B side called 'He's the one You Love' is fantastic too. So what are your own favourite B sides to these crackin records.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Some nice B selections there Rhythmone. Two soul dancers and a beautiful late night smoocher from the inimitable Aretha.

• Some fine tracks there. I do know the first one but the others I have not come across.
  • The amazing B side to magic wand. Popcorntastic  :-)

DON & JUAN - WHAT I REALLY MEANT TO SAY [Big Top 3121] 1962 - YouTube
    • It is an excellent record Paddy. It is on the b side of the amazing 'Soldier of Love.' I think Gerry and the Pacemekers also did a version around 63 which is decent but not a patch on the original.
    • Fine track there Paddy. A bit remniscent of Arthur Alexander's 'Where Have You Been' which is no bad thing as far as I am concerned.
    • It does Chris. Never heard that until now :-)
    • Good track that Paddy. It's got your signature all over it mate ;0)

• Cheers Mate :-) I didn't know I had a signature sound!

• Indeed you do Paddy and a very tasteful signature sound it is too ;0)

• Cheers mate :-) you've got great taste in music too :-)
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: