Forum

Amazing B sides

Over the past few years I have started to collect some fantastic vinyl 45s again. Some have been bought from car boot sales for next to nothing and others I have paid a few quid for, although to be honest I have not paid more than £12 yet. I already had quite a few great Soul and R&B singles from my early Mod days and have often been amazed at just how good some of the B sides are on these tracks. I will start off with the B side to a record I have had since 1982. 'Mockingbird' by Inez Foxx was the first record released on the British Sue label in 1963 (as far as I am aware), as well as the main track being superb the B side called 'He's the one You Love' is fantastic too. So what are your own favourite B sides to these crackin records.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Turn Ticket To Ride over and you've got the fantastic Yes It Is, sounding like not much else in the Beatles catalogue.
  • Some other nice ones are..I Dig Your Act[The O'Jays]...A Boy Named Tom[Carla Thomas]...I Need You[The Impressions]...No Girl[Billy Stewart].

• Recently bought a copy of an Otis Redding ep on Sue called 'Early Otis Redding.' The A side featuring 'Shout Bamalama' and 'Fat Girl' is very good but the two tracks on the B side 'She's Alright' and 'Gettin Hip' are fantastic, especially the former which to me is a quite brilliant track that would grace any Mod club night.
    • What an awesome talent he was. Cheers Chris,  Nice one !!

• A real pleasure for me to find a couple of his tracks that were unknown to me and then share that knowlege with like minded souls Andy. There are probably people on here that are familiar with them but last week was the first time I had heard them and they are wonderful. As ever great of Gary to do the technical carry on and let others hear them more easily. As you say, Otis was some talent and sadly like so many others we lost him far too soon.
    • Loving these two dancers Chris. Superb post mate.

Otis Redding She's alright - YouTube
    • Cheers for putting them up for people to hear Gary plus the comment. They are fantastic tracks and for an Otis fan who has lots of his material to discover these amazing tracks that I had not heard before was like a gift from above.
    • I'd not heard them before either Chris. So thank you for the enlightenment mate ;0)

• That is sort of good to hear Gary, as I know you are very clued up re all things Mod. Always nice to bring amazing music to the attention of people who will really appreciate it.
    • I wouldn't be so bold as to say all things Mod Chris, just certain aspects of what I like and enjoy which is far from everything. I'm an adventurous explorer with an open mind that loves discovering new things ;0)

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: