Forum

Amazing B sides

Over the past few years I have started to collect some fantastic vinyl 45s again. Some have been bought from car boot sales for next to nothing and others I have paid a few quid for, although to be honest I have not paid more than £12 yet. I already had quite a few great Soul and R&B singles from my early Mod days and have often been amazed at just how good some of the B sides are on these tracks. I will start off with the B side to a record I have had since 1982. 'Mockingbird' by Inez Foxx was the first record released on the British Sue label in 1963 (as far as I am aware), as well as the main track being superb the B side called 'He's the one You Love' is fantastic too. So what are your own favourite B sides to these crackin records.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah i have been looking to buy that one for a while Gary but never saw it at a decent price. It certainly is addictive this collecting vinyl lark, but very enjoyable and a total buzz having these original records that i never dreamed I would one day own.
    • You will be giving people the wrong idea about me mate ha ha
    • My name is Gary and I am an addict too! Do you feel better now Chris? Ha, ha. Nothing wrong with noodles Kai, especially if its pot ;0) 

• Definitely helps having the support Gary so well done for going public. I have managed without a fix for a few days but have my eyes on a deal that I may find hard to ignore. As ever in this murky underground world we inhabit I will not reveal my source ha ha
    • At first read 'addicted to the noodle', hahaha! Well I'm both, I suppose... :-)

• The amazing B side to you blow my mind! Mod as...

• Nice bit of garage Becs :-)

• Cheers Paddy!

I met Normie last year as he was in Ballarat doing a gig. It was the second time I'd seen him. I would have loved it if he sang that, but he didn't. :-( Still had a blast and tooka few photos.
      Leo, a friend of mine here, like Normie, was a Vietnam Vet and I took a photo of the both of them shaking hands.
  • The latest purchase with a good b side came through the post today. It is called 'I Don't think So' and is by The Shirelles. It is a nice wee track despite sounding like 'Mama Said' in parts. Even stranger, the A side 'Everybody Loves a Lover' sounds almost exactly like Barbara Georges 'I Know.'
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: