Forum

Amazing B sides

Over the past few years I have started to collect some fantastic vinyl 45s again. Some have been bought from car boot sales for next to nothing and others I have paid a few quid for, although to be honest I have not paid more than £12 yet. I already had quite a few great Soul and R&B singles from my early Mod days and have often been amazed at just how good some of the B sides are on these tracks. I will start off with the B side to a record I have had since 1982. 'Mockingbird' by Inez Foxx was the first record released on the British Sue label in 1963 (as far as I am aware), as well as the main track being superb the B side called 'He's the one You Love' is fantastic too. So what are your own favourite B sides to these crackin records.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Some great B sides,some better than the A side! This one was flagged up the other day,im a big Small Faces fan,this is one of Marriotts finest vocals in my opinion.Should add,this is B side to Watcha gonna do about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjrTajAQceM

• Two great tracks above. The Small Faces one is obviously extremely well known but it shows off just how fantastic a voice Stevie Marriott had. The St Louis Union one is brilliant too Gary and is one I know very well from club nights here in Glasgow.

• Very good indeed Billy !

• An amazing b-side from the King, ha ha ;0)

• Staying with the Stax label, this superb mod dancer b-side, from the evergreen Booker T and the MG's.

• Very good instrumental that Gary from a fantastic band.

• One of 'the' best bands Chris. Mod, through and through, just like a stick of Brighton rock ;0)

• Have to agree 100% Gary. They were a terrific band and the musicianship was just fantastic. i always class 'Green Onions' not only as one of the greatest instrumentals ever, but also a track that will always be associated with the Mod scene.

• Just received my latest purchase through the door there. Its the mid 60s Soul classic 'Candy' by The Astors on Stax. Even better the b side 'I Found Out' is really good too. Slightly like The Drifters ' On Broadway' in parts but none the less very good.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: