Forum

Amazing B sides

Over the past few years I have started to collect some fantastic vinyl 45s again. Some have been bought from car boot sales for next to nothing and others I have paid a few quid for, although to be honest I have not paid more than £12 yet. I already had quite a few great Soul and R&B singles from my early Mod days and have often been amazed at just how good some of the B sides are on these tracks. I will start off with the B side to a record I have had since 1982. 'Mockingbird' by Inez Foxx was the first record released on the British Sue label in 1963 (as far as I am aware), as well as the main track being superb the B side called 'He's the one You Love' is fantastic too. So what are your own favourite B sides to these crackin records.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's a great tune, for sure. My favourite is Thief Of Baghdad, along with Poppies In The Field and Second Head being big highlights.

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FdGH_wIzPvs

My favourite song of all time.

• It is a fantastic song Matt and always reminds me of some incredible days that we enjoyed back in 81 as young Mods.

• No Barriers to this fab B-side from 1968... UK freakbeat band The Barrier from Fulham...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3VMwuMTvk

• Being the beach bum that I have now become, this track is right up my street! This is going on my surfing playlist for summer... Great post Becs ;0)

• You've haven't been to our beaches in Victoria, Gaz! However, considering it's been an excruiating summer at the moment, I wouldn't blame you for wantingvto stay indoors... :-) Glad you liked the track!

• That is a really good track MG, and one that I have never before. I have also never even heard of the band so it is always great to hear something new. I have been buying a decent amount of records recently but the b sides have mostly been not anything great. One exception to that rule is a record i bought last week by Fontella Bass and Bobby McClure. The A side is brilliant and is called 'You'll Miss Me.' The B side is every bit as good as far as I am concerned and is called 'Don't Jump.' Well worth checking out on youtube or some similar place.

• I thought the same as I only discovered earlier this week, also...

• Great find Becs, well done.

• A superb track Chris. Anything with these two on is sure to spark interest. A great collaboration and post mate ;0)

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: