Forum

Cool Pictures

In order to honour MG Ace Face, and to carry the torch for the (hopefully short) time while he's gone (and I'm confident he'll return), let's revive Motown's thread, which is far too good to be forgotten...

Here's to you, Mr Motown!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Image result for mary quant manchester art gallery

• Cool..Not seen this Julie Driscoll photo before.

• Random Google search as I was looking for some hairstyle ideas at the time...
    • I'm familiar with that pic for exactly 20 years, Steve; it's in this book from 1997... don't know if an english version exists, but it's all about photos anyway... ;-)

• Looking Good

• Oh Julie. Shakin Stevens
    • You drive me crayayzee.... :-D
    • His music certainly did. Between him and adam ant they somehow dominated the charts in 1981. Without being arsed to look it up maybe they did not dominate so much but the music was so bad that it felt like they did.
    • I could never see the attraction to Adam and the Ants, frankly I thought he was dog shite and without coming across as a thicky, I never could decipher those lyrics, "Dog eat dog eat dog eat dog, leapfrog the dog and brush me Daddio". Some punks were quite into AATA and I didn`t object to a bit of punk, my faves being 999, the Buzzcocks and the Damned. As for good old Shaky, he was harmless enough, just a cornier, poor man`s version of Elvis really ;-)

• Yeah i like a lot of the punk and new wave stuff from between 77 to 82 too Alan. As far as I have heard Adam and the Ants were quite acceptable to most pineapple chunks before he went all teeny bopper and it became against the law to be a fan of his unless you were under thirteen. The same applied to Mr S Stevens. Before he went down the same route as Adam Ant he was supposedly quite popular amongst the teds. I suppose they had some other great bands they could listen to right enough, such as Showaddywaddy, Racey, Matchbox, and Darts.
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: