Forum

Cool Pictures

In order to honour MG Ace Face, and to carry the torch for the (hopefully short) time while he's gone (and I'm confident he'll return), let's revive Motown's thread, which is far too good to be forgotten...

Here's to you, Mr Motown!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We used to play that game as well Gary. But I do not think we called it flicksies. For the life of me I cannot recall what we did call it but a great memory that I had forgotten all about. I loved striker and could happily play it for hours. We also had subbuteo but I thought it was extremely boring. Other great games i now remember include Masterpiece, Little Big Horn, and the brilliant Battling Tops.
    • Was he a cheating red balloon back then too?
    • Yeah, I had that too, Gary; was called "Tip Kick" in Germany. "Fast single handed action" came a year or two later though, if I remember well, ha ha ha!

• http://clok.uclan.ac.uk/13571/1/Hughson_Ten%20years%20ahead.pdf

An interesting read on the depth of the sporting mod. As always cool understated style ;0)

http://clok.uclan.ac.uk/13571/1/Hughson_Ten%20years%20ahead.pdf
    • Yeah three key players in the England world cup success of 1966 Gary. I always thought Bobby Moore was very smart in the 60s. A pretty decent player and all round gent by accounts too.
  •  look as if they are having a good time -      first class and a few cans -does not get better !

• They certainly look to be having a great time there Scott. Before the smoking ban came in i loved having a pint and ciggie too. On the positive side the ban encouraged me to give up smoking, which can only be a good thing.
    • Predictably -one ended dependent on drink and drugs -the other bacame a psychodrama therapist .
  • Another 60s photo I aint seen before, one of the Faces is on Front Cover=Mods-A New Religion book.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: