Forum

Cool Pictures

In order to honour MG Ace Face, and to carry the torch for the (hopefully short) time while he's gone (and I'm confident he'll return), let's revive Motown's thread, which is far too good to be forgotten...

Here's to you, Mr Motown!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• West Ham when we won the world cup as were Moore and Hurst. I take it you didn't play flicksies as a lad ;0)

1959–1970 West Ham United 302 (81)
      1970–1975 Tottenham Hotspur 189 (46)
      1975–1980 Norwich City 206 (44)
      1980–1981 Sheffield United 24 (3)
      1982–1983 Gorleston
    • In that case, I stand corrected Gary...Ha-ha.

• Not really mate. You were right that he did play for Tottenham, West Ham was maybe a bit before your time. Ha,ha ;0)

• I was six years old at the time Gary, so maybe vaguely remember that era...Ha-ha. "Flicksies", I`m guessing that was subbuteo?

• Lol! Subbuteo was a bit before my time Al, ha, ha. I had the high tech Super Striker, where you pressed the head down and it booted the ball ;0)

'Flicksies' was a school yard game we played, with collected picture footballer cards. "Knockdowns and unders", if my memory serves me right.

'Knockdowns', you would stand the cards up against a wall then attempt to knock them down, at a distance, by flicking cards at them. The ones you knocked down you would win. 'Unders', you attempted to flick your card under a pile of other cards. If you flicked your card to the bottom of the pile after so many goes, you won the cards, hence 'flicksies'. The point was to collect every footballer of the first division or at the very least your own team. Serious stuff as a seven year old! ;0)

• 70s heaven almost mate, you did omit the Banana Splits right enough ha ha
    • Pitch and toss, a good pair of clackers, and a few episode of Captain Pugwash... Bliss ;0) 

• All those games consoles are crap compared to a pair of clackers if you ask me Gary ha ha
    • Yes, great memories Chris. But after all is said and done, the millennials will take some convincing that they were better days... ha, ha.

Fifa 18 on the PS4 anyone?

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: