Forum

Cool Pictures

In order to honour MG Ace Face, and to carry the torch for the (hopefully short) time while he's gone (and I'm confident he'll return), let's revive Motown's thread, which is far too good to be forgotten...

Here's to you, Mr Motown!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My favourite image is of the two immaculately dressed lads in the back yard having a smoke. The personification of what mod, to me, is all about. A very powerful image that I, and I'm sure many others, can relate to.

• Nice one Chris. Yes, everyone did have a snake belt or two and in a myriad of colours, I seem to remember. The young lady above is wearing a leather snake belt, that I believe is made by Old Town designers of Holt. I have a snake belt, amongst many belts myself but in a more conservative colour which I often wear with sta-prest, chinos or 501's.

Some people like to look at portraits, landscapes and abstracts. I love to see images and photography of people while appreciating the art, style and design of a certain style.  

• Old Town still do them...

https://www.old-town.co.uk/collections/accessories/products/leather...

You can still get snake belts, also.
      Leather Belts with s-clasp
      <p>May we tempt you with our hand forged serpent belt available in 2 sizes? Available in brown leather.</p> <p>Size 1 (28"-34") £55.00. Size 2 (36"-…
    • I really appreciate great photos Gary, and I have to say this is my favourite thread on the MG site such is the quality of the stuff posted. Like yourself my snake belts were different coloured. I seem to remember a navy and red one and a green and red one, or maybe again I am getting them mixed up. Loved them at the time aside from when someone pinged you with one; bloody sore.
  •  

• Ohhh... Audrey... and the Lady above Miles looks especially nice! :-)
    • Happy New Year to everyone on MG. As ever great to see these fantastic photos people keep coming up with.
    • Happy new year to you and your family, Chris!
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: