Forum

Cool Pictures

In order to honour MG Ace Face, and to carry the torch for the (hopefully short) time while he's gone (and I'm confident he'll return), let's revive Motown's thread, which is far too good to be forgotten...

Here's to you, Mr Motown!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Definitely a cool picture and a brilliant album to match.

• This image from the mod scene, is in my top ten favourites ever. Cool as f...!

• That is a brilliant snap Gary and one that I have never seen before. A combination of cool and humorous, plus a reflection of those wonderful days when smoking was good for your health ha ha

• Lol! You were not cool unless you had a ciggy hanging out your mouth, Chris. Ha, ha.

I first spotted this great image in Paul 'Smiler' Anderson's book, Mods: The New Religion. I love the simple but very sharp, stripped back, casual day look.

Another great image that takes me right there is the one from Terry Rawlings' book, with the two lads on a scooter. The passenger is leaning back with his arms out, I've never seen that unique shot outside of Terry's book. I had a brilliant shot of my much younger self at a Weston Super Mare scooter run. I was stood posing behind two proper 1970's, six foot coppers. For the life of me I just can't find it anywhere, I reckon that my mum, being the good citizen that she is, destroyed it. Thinking the photo far too anti-establishment and fearing that her son would get carted off in a Black Maria. God knows what she would have thought if she had found my dexy's and bluey's stash ;0)  

• I certainly loved a smoke with a pint back in the day Gary but the smoking ban stopped such fun and surely saved a few lives too. i am sure your mum would have been cool with the pills, you could have just told her you were suffering from anxiety brought on by overbearing police men ha ha

• I can't say that I miss any of those bad habits Chris. But there's no denying that it was part and parcel of the young adventurers life eh!

This lad seems very anxious, though I do hope he's had his pills and they're not still in his pockets ha, ha

• Yip, another case of police over reaction and no doubt brutality when they got the poor sod into the black maria. It is shocking to think that the mere act of kicking the shit out of some rocker would have met with such strong arm tactics from the law.

• Yet, the police are never around when that happens over here... Which means I've been getting away with that kind of behaviour every time I see Rockers - since 2009 now. ;-)

It must be something in the water in the UK that makes coppers go potty and arrest anybody who has a sense of style. ;-)

• You may well have a point there MG, the way they are abusing that poor guys cardigan is well out of order. I don't even know if there is any such thing as rockers (plenty of rockets right enough) in Britain nowadays. I have certainly not seen one for decades. I think the police quite liked them.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: