Cool Pictures

In order to honour MG Ace Face, and to carry the torch for the (hopefully short) time while he's gone (and I'm confident he'll return), let's revive Motown's thread, which is far too good to be forgotten...

Here's to you, Mr Motown!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• RIP Toots Hibbert7904804491?profile=RESIZE_710xRIP Toots Hibbert

• 7899447259?profile=RESIZE_584x

• 6584168053?profile=RESIZE_930x

• 5049403481?profile=RESIZE_710xAstrid Kirchherr gone as well... what a sad day!

• Absolute legend and visionary... RIP Astrid. :-(

• 5047605872?profile=RESIZE_930xFarewell Phil May; rest in peace. 

Feeling really gutted.

• "Don't Bring Me Down". I always rated The Pretty Things and gutted just about sums it up, Kai. I first caught up with them around 1963, if memory serves me right. Probably at Studio 51 or Bunjies off St Martins Lane. Dartford must have put something special in the tea during those bleak war years, to produce Phil May and Mick Jagger!
      There's just something strangely  English about their speedy and urgent interpretation of R &B? The early 1960's was just full of these bands. The Downliners Sect is another group that springs to mind. They seem to be able to take all the Chuck Berry Bo Diddley material and and give it a different slant. That's high praise indeed when you are talked about, in the company of those two masters. Just can't believe he's gone......

• Great memories, Sohomod; was lucky enough at least to catch them live three times in recent years.

• This reply was deleted.
    • It does indeed have iconic potential.

• 4461895443?profile=RESIZE_930x

The fashion guru Mr Fish and Mr Michael Caine...

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...