Forum

Replies

• These boots would survive anything, if DM's could talk imagine the chaos that they could share...

They seem to to be a staple footwear choice with both the older and younger generation in Brighton, so much better then these plastic looking trainers you see on kids feet these days! 

• I really like my DM's. Just make sure that you get the ones that are made in England.

• I forgot to mention I have 2 Pairs of Loakes Loafers with DM Soles. I recently bought a Crombie as a smart formal coat. Yeh skinheads most known for them, I remember The Jam wearing Crombies on Snap LP cover, Rick is wearing cherry red boxing boots on there.

• Funny enough Steve, I also bought a Crombie recently and posted it on the "What I Bought Today" thread. It isn't the classic "skinhead style", but more of a Raglan sleeve style with boot cuffs; but it's the genuine article, Crombie cloth (cashmere and wool). Vintage 1970's , but really well taken care of.......I love it!

• The Dickens Inn, St Katherine Docks. Love it!!!
  • I wear a crombie, not skinhead more suedehead and probably worn up north by 70s mod scooterboys. I prefer monkey boots but if you are riding your scooter you need protection but the 8 hole are probably the best, you don't need them up to your knees. I remember reading about Steve Ellis in his early mod days wearing cherry Red boots.
    • Was that Steve Ellis from Love Affair Carl? And yes, I wear DM's on my scooter sometimes, depending on the weather....also Cherry Reds. I did have Monkey Boots in about 1967, before that, Chukka Boots were popular in the winter; and of course we all know about Dessies. 

• That's right Graham, Steve Ellis of the Love Affair fame. Don't tell me you knew him.
    • Local lads, Carl and they used to park thier Volkswagon bus (seriously) in our car park...Steve went on to a solo career in the early 70's with his album "Riding on the Crest of a Slump" if my memory serves.

• Hi Mark, for me it is/was a Working Class thing wearing DM Boots. I have always had them since Age16. Wore them for Manual Work, Black Steel Toe Cap and worn the Shoes aswell. I currently own the Cherry Red style Boots not for work, winter footwear, myself and another London Mod I know in Cornwall  he has Black ones, we wore them on our scooters in winter with Levis and Parkas. I wouldn't say they are Mod, not a really smart footwear, but yeh I think they look ok for out and about in winter. 

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: