Another brilliant Geno Washington & The Ram Jam Band gig at the 100 Club on Oxford Street in London on Friday evening. I've spent the best part of this weekend publishing and uploading videos onto You Tube. You can watch them all by scrolling the list at the bottom of the embedded video below. I've got 7 photos of the band on stage which I'll upload into an album soon, or you can view all of my gig photos at the following link to Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theshortblondmod/

The videos on You Tube in the order performed on stage are:

1. Night Train/Pick Up The Pieces (both instrumentals) - The Ram Jam Band (before Geno took to the stage).
2. I Can't Turn You Loose/Don't Fight It, Feel It/Land Of A Thousand Dances
3. Midnight Hour
4. Michael (The Lover)
5. Sweet Soul Music
6. Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
7. My Jolene (from Geno's 2006 CD "Kiss My Rhythm")
8. Green Onions, (with added Geno lyrics)
9. Knock On Wood
10. Everybody Needs Somebody

That's 13 great, live, raw soul classics. If you ever get the chance, go and see Geno Washington & The Ram Jam Band live. Amazing! ENJOY!!

">

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All of my Geno videos can be found at the following Playlist on You Tube. Enjoy:

• i saw him when i saw madness at the IOW, i thought his act was very good, however i found him a bit to funky for me, but his voice is awsome and hes quite funny
  • Another great gig David - you lucky git!
    • Steve, next up for me is the Booker T Jones gig at the Jazz Cafe on Friday 28th. I'm going to try and get back for the Carnaby Street gigs on Sunday 6th June. Hope to see you there. Are you still going to see The Birds in The 100 Club on 2nd June. I'm going to see them at the Eel Pie Club in Twickenham on Wednesday 16th June. Are you up for that one? I'll drive you back to Euston after the gig if that's any good for you.
    • Booker T & The MG's are simply LEGENDS!! Saw them at The Town & Country Club years ago in London with Eddie Floyd, what a gig, met a few boys from back home in Glasgow that night, what a concert that night. Enjoy the night when it comes.
    • I saw Booker T last summer in a small hall in Shepherd's Bush. He was promoting his Potato Hole CD and his band were a bit heavy rock in style (including original members of The Black Crows and The Fabulous Thunderbirds). That album's still got plenty of tracks with the classic Hammond B3 sound and the MGs groove, although 3 or 4 are heavy rock with a funky organ. Still, Booker T did play some of the 60s classics that night, and took on the main vocals for brilliant versions of "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay" and "Hold on I'm Coming". I'm hoping that Booker T can get Duck Dunn and Steve Cropper to come over for the gig at the Jazz Cafe.
  • Hi David, I have seen Geno 4 times,what a voice eh??, what a life he has had too, people forget Geno brought Otis Redding to us in Britain, as well as he taught Brian Wilson Meditation, or should that have been MEDICATION, HA,HA!! Always preferred Genos version of "You Got Me Hummin'" to Sam And Saves original, the guy is just CLASS!! Glad you had a brilliant time.
    • Hi Charlie, I've got another 4 videos of Geno's banter before and after the differents numbers they played. It's priceless. I'll publish them later on this week and then I'll upload them into the same playlist on You Tube. Georgie Fame was another who liked to tell a good tale before and after each number. Both Geno and Georgie were very funny whilst revealing some great tales of the music business in the 60s. Ace!
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...