Forum

Replies

• I am from the Grand Dominion of Upper Canada with many others on the Mod Generation

• Yes, it seems so. But Germany is also here....

• Dominion of Canada here..

• The Fleshtones would certainly be in my top 5 of white american Bands/artists. Still play the Hexbreaker album from time to time.

• Phil, I´ve got a Fleshtones live LP, called Speed Connection, live in Paris 1985. Saw them in 1988 or ´89 and remember really partying with quite a few post- mods in the first row, can´t remember much more as we were pretty pissed, lol!

• Yes i remember Fleshtones. I have one LP and (should i mention that) a live on... tape! We used to call that "speed rock"

If my memory is good, they were on I.R.S. (International Record Syndicate) Record Label which was a good label during eighties. They hosted The Cramps,  The Buzzcocks, Oingo Bongo, Doctor and the Medics (lol),  the Go-Go's and many more 80's stuff.

Always loved their logo:

• There was a documentary on german/french tv station Arte about them recently- they definitely were proto-punk. People like Peter Zaremba of the Fleshtones (does anybody remember that SUPER ROCK band from the 80´s?) talked about how they influenced decades of musicians. Black Monk Time also was the title of their (only) 60´s studio album.

• Add another from the States.  My girlfriend and I hail from Atlanta, GA.  I've been spying this site for some time.  Only now have I gotten around to actually setting up a profile.

Anyway, Atlanta has several great soul and RnB DJ's.  (Un)fortunately, the trend locally here has been more garage/ psych/ Swirlie oriented.  To each their own I suppose, however, for me I find it good in small doses.  Je prefere jazz/ soul sounds.

It's good to finally be on here!

T.

• Ha! Ha! I knew you would like that one Andrew. The good news is that it's not that expensive.

But let me guess... You already have it...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SHIGGIES-Sunrays-Live-Sun-1965-45rpm-/130605...

• Thanks for the thumbs up my friend!

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: