To all of the Mods of the Britpop Generation (1996 - 2000) and therefore, my Generation of Mod) and all of the Mods of the Current Generation (2004 -), take note of these 30 Steps on how to tell you're a Hipster, rather than a Mod.
WARNING: the content of this article will be offensive to Mods and thus, I read it very carefully just to make sure I didn't fall into any of these steps. This article is obviously meant to be tongue-in-cheek, and therefore in the Novelty section of this Forum, rather than Style or Faces.
However, I know I:
- have met friends at charity/thrift stores - not ALL of the time - but to buy cool clothes (Step 8)
- do wear skinny jeans and trousers because I am skinny - but with a bubble butt as my top half doesn't match my bottom half (Step 13)
- occasionally watch French cartoons - and movies (Step 19)
- occasionally eat sourdough - and although I love being in the CWA and baking with them, doesn't mean I'll start my own bakery in the garage either (Step 20)
- never take just over an hour to get ready - I plan my outfit the night before and it takes me 15 minutes to have a shower, wash and dry my hair, get dressed and put on my make up (Step 27)
- wear glasses - because I have to wear glasses, refuse to wear contacts and I always buy the designers and styles I like from Specsavers, rather than what the optometrist suggests (male Mod styles, not female) (Step 27)
- have to get my L's, buy more parts and such (instead of more clothes) to fix "Ronnie" the Vespa and not ever, EVER call him a "fixie" (Step 28)
That's how I know I am NOT a bloody Hipster and instead a Mod Goddess.