Forum

THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What a great cover photo!
  • Only 11 days to pledge to make this book happen Ladies & Gents. If you can afford it please pledge. It would be a crying shame if we missed the opportunity to have a book about the female side of mod on our bookshelves and with Jason Brummell, Mark Baxter and Ian Snowball at the helm you know it's going to be a good one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1426990161/ready-steady-girls-...

• Yes please, listen to Andy! ;-)
  • Anybody read Mr Cools dream the Style Council story?
    • Got it on the shelf but haven't come round to it yet.
  • THE CHAP

Does anyone read this? A friend gave me a copy, I think it could be of interest.

• Lol! It does rather pique my interest. Especially the Tom Cutler article on "The art of doing absolutely nothing productively." Definitely a fun and interesting magazine not to be taken too seriously, unless of course you are a bone fide Chap ;0)

http://thechap.co.uk

• Speaking of gangs, I recently read Never A Dull Moment 1972 and Something To Do 1973 by John Gallon describing skinhead lifestyle in Liverpool. The writing is engaging but beware of the stories portraying a bleak existence of wallowing in a depravity of violence and cruelty.
    • By John Tallon rather, my phone likes to make its own arbitrary corrections of what I spell.
  • Doing a bit of research on Chris Cameron and his sorts before setting foot there in two weeks time, haha!

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: