Forum

THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A fantastic Graphic Novel set at the Cote Azur in 1967. Published here last Autumn, I'm not sure if it's available in English.

• That's no problem Kai, everyone in Britain is well known for being able to understand a multiple of languages ha ha
  • A nice gift for fathers day?

• Diggin' this at the moment...

• Just read it earlier this year. Very candid and interesting. Although my focus waned in the second half as details of his life outside of music predominated.
    • I've just finished reading the fantastic and surprisingly in depth Richard Barnes book, The Who Maximum R&B. So thought I would give this another try after getting it on publication.

Isn't an autobiography suppose to be more than the sum of one part of a persons life Scott? 

• Yes, and I prefer an autobiography to a biography every time. It's certainly worth finishing. I still find details of a publihing career, real estate purchases, boat purchases, domestic issues, etc. less compelling than say Kit Lambert stories for example.
    • Yes, I get what your saying Scott so I will plough on ;0)

• I Imagine this might be quite sinister at times, especially regarding the childhood!?
    • Very raw and sinister Kai. Not sure how honest it is though so reading it objectively.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: