Forum

THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any adventurers out there? This is one hell of a true adventure story that inspires. It's about, endeavour, sheer guts and the will to survive.

• The second in a series by author Richard Houghton, I Was There provides a fan's-eye account of the English rock band The Who. With over 400 fans, friends and colleagues accounts of their memories of seeing, working with and knowing members of one of the greatest live acts ever, this book contains fascinating anecdotes, stories, photographs and memorabilia that have never been published before. From their early years as The High Numbers, playing venues in and around London to the full blown tours with the classic Who line-up of Daltrey, Townshend, Entwistle and Moon promoting their landmark albums such as Tommy, Quadrophenia, Live At Leeds, Who’s Next and beyond.

The Who-I was there= Out Now for £12.99.

Anyone getting this? I may have to get a copy useen photos(Heard there are some nice ones of Scooters) Fans and Support Bands unheard stories.

• I've got it and posted it a while back. It's good, well worth a read.
    • Thanks Snow Runner, I had to order a copy, thought it has just been released, I have ordered by Amazon it is due to arrive end of the Month???

• Got it Now, great looking up Gig Venues The Who Played, Mod Stories of seeing them.

• A fantastic Graphic Novel set at the Cote Azur in 1967. Published here last Autumn, I'm not sure if it's available in English.

• That's no problem Kai, everyone in Britain is well known for being able to understand a multiple of languages ha ha
  • A nice gift for fathers day?

• Diggin' this at the moment...

• Just read it earlier this year. Very candid and interesting. Although my focus waned in the second half as details of his life outside of music predominated.
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: