Forum

THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Some cracking bookshelf fillers Chris. Always a good recommendation for all tastes on here, one of my favourite threads :0) 

• You are not kidding Gary, some right crackers. The only issue is that I already buy too many records and too much clothes. If i add books to it the wife will have another breakdown ha ha
    • My wife has had that many breakdowns Chris, on account of my decades of the mod culture, that I've now joined the RAC mate ;0) 

• Ha Ha Ha!
    • Nice one Gary, very funny indeed. I think i will use it and pass it off as my own line ha ha
    • Reading both simultaniously atm.
  • This one slipped under my radar obviously; Looks like essential read though. Anybody got this yet?

• Wow! Thanks for posting that one Motown. I'd never heard of it and love the so called Beat Generation, so this is a must get. 

• I like the look of this one. Looks like it could lead onto other great beat books, nice post Motown.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: