Forum

THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You are not kidding Gary, some right crackers. The only issue is that I already buy too many records and too much clothes. If i add books to it the wife will have another breakdown ha ha
    • My wife has had that many breakdowns Chris, on account of my decades of the mod culture, that I've now joined the RAC mate ;0) 

• Ha Ha Ha!
    • Nice one Gary, very funny indeed. I think i will use it and pass it off as my own line ha ha
    • Reading both simultaniously atm.
  • This one slipped under my radar obviously; Looks like essential read though. Anybody got this yet?

• I like the look of this one. Looks like it could lead onto other great beat books, nice post Motown.

• Really impressed by my holidays' read. The background story is the same you've read a dozen or so times before; but like a good christian with his gospels, I never tire of reading it time and time again: the Swinging Sixties from early jazz loving modernists to the dawn of psychedelia. A bit sceptical at first about the main character being a bit of a Little Lord Fauntleroy, I got to endear Tara Browne throughout the read so much that it's easy to see why for many of his contemporaries the Sixties ended with his untimely death.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: