Forum

THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm about halfway through this coffee table read and I've got to say, it's not a bad book at all. The book, put together by the author from his collection, has many inspirational, images and styles that I have never seen before. It also has some really interesting side notes, that while not in depth, covers a wide but very knowledgeable range of british underground street wear. Those perhaps not familiar with the author, may know him as the man (an original mod himself) who dressed the actors in the films Quadrophenia and Absolute Beginners, amongst others. A recommended read that would fit very well in the library of any discerning style hound... Did I say it comes in a beautiful embossed hardback?

• "Bad, beautiful & misunderstood..."? Sounds like me!

• I'm sure it's even got some smart thread looks like you too, Becs ;0) 

• ;-) I really have start buying more books and music this year...

• I wasn't aware of this book until sent a copy by a fellow MG member last week. I look forward to reading it as soon as possible. So thank you very much. 

• Interested, post your thoughts when read, SR.

• Will do
  • Latest Mojo Mag 5Page article on The Jam...Didn't get it myself, I flicked thru, looked like the same old, so didn't buy. If anyone else bought it leave a comment on wot u reckon on it? 

• A fairly dull run down on a the band-made them all appear quite dreary - style of writing does not help .

• I've read that too, Scott. Not half as good as the Bio by Jon Savage of course!
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: