Forum

THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ... unifying generations of boys...

• I remember reading about this 1960's social experiment and publication by the journalist John Howard Griffin a few years ago. This will sit nicely alongside, Absolute Beginers - Colin Macinnes, The Lonely Londoners - Sam Selvon, The Land Where The Blues Began - Alan Lomax and The Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison on my bookshelf...

"Predjudice is an emotional commitment to ignorance."

Dr Nathan Rutstein

• Seems like he influenced Günter Wallraff, who went to work in a coalmine disguised as a Turk in Germany in the 70s.

• I find it really sad Kai, that in these supposedly enlightened times, we have to refer back to lessons learned from the past. Whilst there is nothing wrong with genuine ignorance, the problem starts with those who still wishing to remain so. 

• Well said, Gary! Lots of people seem resistant to learn lessons from the past. 

• I was sent this by another MG member as a gift, thankyou. I will let you know how it reads.

• Ordered that one, too.

• Should be really worth to support the new, updated version of The Influential Factor by Graham Lentz on Kickstarter. Only 9 days left and still some way to go, so... hurry! ;-)

• May have been suggested before, but I can not recommend this enough. (he has two others I can’t wait to start)

• I have read his fantastic book 'Young Soul Rebels' so will likely buy the Detroit 67 one at some point. My bad habit of having two and three books on the go at one time has held me back recently but I am now ready to start 'Happy Boys Happy' by Uli Twelker and Roland Schmitt. It looks really well researched even though the material relating to the Small Faces does not cover much of the book.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: