Forum

THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Should be really worth to support the new, updated version of The Influential Factor by Graham Lentz on Kickstarter. Only 9 days left and still some way to go, so... hurry! ;-)

• May have been suggested before, but I can not recommend this enough. (he has two others I can’t wait to start)

• I have read his fantastic book 'Young Soul Rebels' so will likely buy the Detroit 67 one at some point. My bad habit of having two and three books on the go at one time has held me back recently but I am now ready to start 'Happy Boys Happy' by Uli Twelker and Roland Schmitt. It looks really well researched even though the material relating to the Small Faces does not cover much of the book.

• Have you read McLagans bio All The Rage, Chris? That's a nice one!

• I decided to take you up on that Kai and popped out and bought that book. I also used my magic powers and got Ian Mac to sign it ha ha. All kidding aside when you posted that testerday it rang a bell somewhere. I bought it  after the gig when he played here in 2011, and he was happy to autograph it to me.

• Yes agreed. A very good read!

• Being an avid reader of all his recent work from 'Man and Boy' on, I'm gonna start in this 'prehistoric' Parsons now. I think Beesleys Mojo Talkin' inspired me to get it.

• I've got a 1983 copy of Limelight Blues, l haven't read it and wondered why l bought it but now l know after reading Kai's post, probably influenced by Tony Beesleys book 

• I have never read any of Parsons books so I cannot comment on the literary merits. I have never taken to him as a person tbh as to me he comes across as a weasel; the music industries equivalent to Piers Morgan.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: