THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ha, people are alway astounded by the amount of clothes I take away, even for an overnight stay; I maintain it’s all about having choices. 

Hope you make it over Becs, sounds like you should make a case to be part of the exhibition- they had a shout out last year, asking people to submit clothes for consideration and inclusion.

• Hoping to save for a ticket to the UK and go the exhibition, also Steve... all the way from Australia. Only problem is, I have quite a collection of vintage Mary Quant clothing and to decide which dress to wear for it, is a real dilemma... ;-)

• How did I not guess that!  :o)

• Oh, and another positive to come out of the Bowie book was a revisiting of Pinups, every bit as good as I remembered it to be. Tasty picture disc version coming for Record Store Day
      https://www.nme.com/news/exclusive-david-bowie-pin-ups-picture-disc...

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/1030207733?profile=original
  • Rescued a copy of this, condition Very Good:953665910?profile=RESIZE_930x

from World of Books on Amazon Marketplace for £5 delivered. absolute bargain and crammed with tasty pictures, some of which I will share on Cool Pictures once I’ve trawled 135 pages to check they haven’t been posted previously  Got me googling Peggy Moffit -wow!!   Im going to post a picture of her that I came across that I’ve not before but maybe you have. I just figure it’s such a defining picture, IMHO, that nobody will object to seeing it again  

• This reply was deleted.
    • Saw that years ago at the by now gone HMV in Oxford Street, then lost sight of it. Just ordered a copy from eBay! :-) 

• 820291577?profile=RESIZE_930x820294555?profile=RESIZE_930x820297249?profile=RESIZE_930xTwo new ones by Paul Smiler Anderson; the one about Bowie is the first hand experience of Lower Third drummer Phil Lancaster. 

• You must have a sizeable book collection Kai. Those one's look pretty decent additions.

• Yes indeed. Especially love those accounts of people who were actually there, like Phil Lancaster. 

• Story of Alligator Records,

Chicago blues label677256974?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...