Forum

THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think I'll get me a copy of that.

• It’s a bit of a tough read Kai; the man’s obvious passion was easily exploited and a lack of business acumen meant that he was often derelict, sleeping in squats, clubs and on friends sofas.  Plenty of good recollections and stories from those that knew him though.  

I was particularly interested in Bruce Mitchell’s contribution, both as an old jazzer and because of his association with The Durutti Column.  Outside of my mod musical taste, The Durutti Column are a particular obsession of mine. Again, like Roger Eagle, sad to see Vini Reilly’s decline due to ill health and financial penury. 

• 2293035804?profile=RESIZE_930xA modern classic 

• Sebastian Dangerfield; what a role model‽ ;o)

• Yes indeed a real example of the educated, well dressed wastrel. The trick of course is to have the cash to afford to be one.

• 2221133390?profile=RESIZE_930xBrought this home from London. Anybody read it yet!?

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Blood-Brothers-by-Geno-Washington-1999-Pap...

This is OK; fairly raucous.

Blood Brothers by Geno Washington (1999, Paperback) for sale online | eBay
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Blood Brothers by Geno Washington (1999, Paperback) at the best online prices at eBay!…
  • 1757673250?profile=RESIZE_930x

• 1741032007?profile=RESIZE_930xNext up...

• Not sure where to put this really but seeing as there’s a book (Mods: Two City Connection - Shaun Knapp; launch, 30th March) associated with the exhibition, I’ll stick it here. Book not showing up on Amazon yet. http://shapingageneration.co.uk/the-exhibition/ 

Exhibitions
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...