THE PRINTED WORD

Having just noticed that the initiator of the latest "book" thread left the site taking the discussion with him, it's my turn again to revive it; being too important a topic to be dropped, imo.

Having finished "Get Carter" by Ted Lewis over the Holidays, I'll soon start with "Jack Carters Law", a prequel set in late 60s Soho.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 4555204693?profile=RESIZE_584x

• Oooh! Where can I get a copy of thatthat, THULL??!!

• From the FB page:

My zine 'Dedicated Follower' has done a few popular one off issues in recent years but we were not expecting such a fantastic response to the last Mod Revival & Quadrophenia anniversary issue released in November 2019. It was somewhat overwhelming with many people asking for it to come back on a regular basis like the old days (When we even featured in a V & A exhibition)
      It would appear not everybody wants to live on a phone or computer and appreciate a paper zine as it's cool and physical culture is part of any stylish Mods lifestyle.
      So we have relented and there will be at least 4-5 issues in 2020 starting with this latest one which is packed with goodies. Including Mary Quant influence on Mod, an exclusive Secret Affair Interview, The American Mod scene, Debbie Harry, a different slant on the legendary Joe Meek, Twinkle, Girls singers, Eleanor Rigby live, A return to retro, exclusive photos & lyrics, latest Mod news Including 'To Be Someone'.
      It's only £5 as usual and that includes P&P anywhere In the world but as we love a limited edition D.F is always a limited edition of just 500 and as most people will know it sells out very quickly. Just click link below to find out more and purchase your copy now. Alternative click on shop now button on this page.
      http://dedicated-follower.co.uk/

DEDICATED FOLLOWER FANZIINE
    • Thanks!!! Just purchased a copy!

• 4188272836?profile=RESIZE_930xBeautiful coffee table book by Simon Wells, compiling the 'London Life' magazine from 1965-66.

• Thanks for the heads up. A fantastic looking book.

• Just got my copy today. Can't wait to look at it properly as I've only flicked through it. Thanks again Kai, I might have missed it.

• Brilliant,  isn't it!

• Flicking through it right now, Mike! :-)

• 4125937135?profile=RESIZE_710xPost War modernist Public Art. This book features Art. However I've a great fondness for concrete. Shame most of the superb Brutalist structures seem to be full of the dregs of society.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...