Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Saw the video on FB Alan, looked great!
    • One gets the gist, though... ;-)
    • Good night then Al ?

• Nice one Al !

• Great band. Hope to see them in March next year.
  • Soundflat Records' annual Ballroom Bash- The weekend where the GoGo Girls contantly prevent you from getting a proper view of the bands... :-(

The Fadeaways from Japan and the Smoggers from Spain, two of many acts.

• Bringing this topic full circle I went to Rock City in Nottingham last night to see The Specials and excellent they were. They miss some of the energy of Neville and Roddy Radiation but the had us all skanking to the end when they, mysteriously, encored with Louis Armstrongs "All the time in the World" to much shrugging of shoulders ... one of my highlights was Lynval and Steve Craddock backed by a Violin and Cello doing Redemption Song 

• The Beat (Dave Wakling's version) Played Galashiels on the 20th September. It was a great gig, but only about 50 people turned up to watch, they played like there were 5000 but probably means they'll not be coming back any time soon.

• I saw him a year ago and he really does put maximum energy into the performance. He's one of the few performers I've seen to verbally discourage the audience from taking photos and videos of him on stage. If someone last century was caught recording a live performance without permission in any way they'd be out on their ear so fast it would make your head spin. Now it's status quo. At a show not long ago I was treated to the surreal image of being above and behind a large portion of the audience and as I watched the show on stage I could also see it simultaneously in dozens of phones that were being held aloft recording. A strange futuristic tableaux that has crystallized into the present reality.
    • A shame not many turned out. He has an album in the works that has been pledge music funded for two years! Maybe he should be concentrating on that?

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: