Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It sure was a great gig, Ed; of course a good measure of nostalgia for people in their forties thrown in, but nothing wrong with it and maybe it was just me anyway. Fantastic evening all around; and as I said, the boys still seem quite young, fresh and dynamic! ;-)

• Good to hear that they were on form Kai, always a concern when you fork out for a gig like this is that they will be past it. Loved the K album when it was released, so should be a great show. Glasgow band The Beatroots ( now sadly split ) had a real Kula Shaker vibe, they played a few of the Scottish Mod Weekenders over the past few years. Sould be a great night 

• Enjoy, Ed! ;-)
    • I remember liking them at the time, but then (if memory serves) he started getting loads of flack for being the son of famous folk and being 'well off', never a good thing for rock musicians, and their career seemed to nosedive, but so did most Britpop bands. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • Saw the video on FB Alan, looked great!
    • One gets the gist, though... ;-)
    • Good night then Al ?

• Nice one Al !

• Great band. Hope to see them in March next year.
  • Soundflat Records' annual Ballroom Bash- The weekend where the GoGo Girls contantly prevent you from getting a proper view of the bands... :-(

The Fadeaways from Japan and the Smoggers from Spain, two of many acts.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: