Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A bottle of Havana Club 7 at the ready -shoes buffed up a treat -and it's off to Nine Below Zero at King Tuts on Saturday night -wife's moaning but heh Ho
    • Always a great show from -9. I try to see them once a year. Have fun
    • I saw The Truth at Nightmoves at the start of 1983 but sadly did not make the NBZ gig at the same venue a year prior to that. Looks like a great gig so I may try to make it along if there are still tickets available.
    • Should be good. Enjoy !!

• Yes, enjoy, Scott!

• Out to see local band "Time Check" last Saturday. 60s-70s classics. 

• Out of the blocks lively today -Glasgow March of the Mods -early on The Laynes and The Redstarts ---have to pace it to see final throws on Target 5 -everything ready and we are on the bus at midday
    • Enjoy !!!!!!!!

• Solid sounds '79 style with Long Tall Shorty here in Essen yesterday.

• My wife and I saw Lee Fields last weekend. A small crowd of dedicated followers and good, authentic R&B from a denizen of the 60's Soul scene. Danced my rear end off! An act well worth seeing if they come your way.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: