Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, enjoy, Scott!

• Out to see local band "Time Check" last Saturday. 60s-70s classics. 

• Out of the blocks lively today -Glasgow March of the Mods -early on The Laynes and The Redstarts ---have to pace it to see final throws on Target 5 -everything ready and we are on the bus at midday
    • Enjoy !!!!!!!!

• Solid sounds '79 style with Long Tall Shorty here in Essen yesterday.

• My wife and I saw Lee Fields last weekend. A small crowd of dedicated followers and good, authentic R&B from a denizen of the 60's Soul scene. Danced my rear end off! An act well worth seeing if they come your way.

• Opera at the Sage Gateshead tonight!
  • Well have a great night Gary, which I am sure you will. Good company, good music, and everyone looking the biz, that's what it's all about.
    • Cheers Chris. When it comes to modern jazz, I'm expecting to have my senses thoroughly discombobulated in the nicest way possible ;0)

• discombobulated...thought I was the only person who used that word lol.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: