Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes they did- though I liked the very early stuff better - Midnight to Six, Roadrunner etc...
    • Me too Kai, especially the Blues years album, but I do love the SF Sorrow title track :-)

• In fact it's one of three PT albums I own.
  • Call me Mr Misery -not facing 50 quid to see Paul W at the dreaded Hydro Glasgow -much as I love him dearly -the prospect of being surrounded by lemons filming on their phones is too much .
    Will spend 40 on drink and squander the rest .
    • I saw his last gig at the hydro and it was top class. There are always idiots on phones nowadays, it is something I have just managed to tolerate otherwise it would rule me out of doing a lot of things. I agree that the cost is exensive but that seems to be the norm now so I will certainly be going to the Welller gig in February. It is a bit mad being able to buy tickets for a gig ten months in advance right enough.
    • Weller comes to Cologne when each and every Mod in Germany is just a few miles south at the Linz Weekender. Not too clever but I suppose he can do without us.
    • Good gig last night, thought I'd get through the gig without hearing the 'we are the mod's' chant, alas it wasn't to be.

• Phones irritate me too, but I'm getting used to them, you have too I guess.  Seeing weller tomoz.

I went to see paul simon and there was a bloke filming the entire show through his phone.  He even skyped his (I assume) daughter just before the show started all a bit weird.

I wouldn't of minded so much as the screens are usually black and not too distracting but he had a bright white light and it was directly in my eye line, I ended up going across and telling him.  He was fine with it, and as I got back to my seat I was thanked by someone nearby. 

I remember seeing Prince and he banned people filming with their phones which I thought was going to be great, it was worse, all night long I had stewards rushing past me to stop people filming.

• Ha! Well, then you can watch the performance later most likely. Someone is bound to upload to youtube for a short time before it get's taken down due to copyright. Or just listen to his original recordings.

• Took my daughter to see "All or Nothing" Fri evening. It was as always excellent !!

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: