Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Saw lots of great pics on FB, Scott... looking forward to the GMW!
    • Thoroughly enjoyable time down at the Troon Mod weekender. The Saturday daytime was great with some brilliant sounds from the people on the decks, and then the 45s were really good. The night time do was very busy and yet again the punters playing the music never let us down. After that it was back to the hotel for a few post do drinks before bedtime some time after 3 am. A big well done to Mikey, Molloy, and all the Tailor Made team who made it such a blast. My only regret is that I couldnt stay on for the Sunday night.
  • Freedom Sounds Festival, Cologne, last night: The Bluebeaters, Stone Foundation and The Beat, among others... Stone Foundation threw me; what a fantastic live act! Go see them if you have the chance!!!

• Saw the Stone Foundation in bristol last Thursday. Where have they been all my life.
    • That's what I thought, Eggy ;-)
  • Gigs I will have been to this time next week. Really looking forward to coming Friday.

• Mr Weller last Friday at York great set over two and half hours of pure Magic.

Also met Mollie Marriott after her set and got a photo and autograph.

Tonight its The Who at Sheffield playing the Tommy soundtrack.

• Seems Weller took up some Jam- and TSC tunes for this tour again, Richard...!?
    • Kai,

He sure did Ghosts, Man on the Cornershop (never thought I would hear this live again) Monday acoustic version and Start. Pure class and worth every penny.

• Well he's in Cologne early June when each and every Mod in Germany will be at the Two Men From L.I.N.Z. weekender, so we'll have to do without each other this time. Shit happens... :-(
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: