Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Brilliant gig by Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band at the Glasgow Mod Weekend; but the Gene Drayton Unit (below) where best live act of the Weekend, imo.

• Sadly i missed Geno as you know Kai, but the Gene Drayton Unit were top drawer. Along with Big Boss Man probably the best band I have seen in McChuills for the Mod Weekender. Great that they had copies of their ep with them, and at £8 a pop fine value.
    • Yes, Chris, Geno was fantastic, but as I said, I liked the GDU even better; and the venue as well for that matter... Allan McG said their live LP is also worth a listen; obviously they sold it for a tenner that day... I still suffer from having missed Big Boss Man in Linz 2 years ago, but got fully compensated with Fay Hallam this year! :-)

• I think seeing Fay Hallam would possibly compensate Kai, despite BBM being really good. I agree about the venue being important too. A packed McChuills, with a good appreciative audience makes a difference. It has the atmosphere of what I image some of the Mod clubs in the 60s would have had.
    • Yes. We had a great basement club with a similar cavernous structure back in the nineties in nearby Mülheim. Pity it doesn't hold no more mod nights; was quite authentic too!
    • Sounds good Kai, the sort of places that I think are made for a Mod do. P.P Arnold is playing King Tuts here in October, yet another smallish venue with a great atmosphere, so i will be hoping to get tickets for that.
    • Oh I love P.P. Arnold. I almost fainted the day she accepted my friend request on Facebook, hahaha!
    • Yeah she is a really nice and down to earth person too Kai. Met her on a couple of occasions and she was very generous with her time.
  • Well Mr Dylan was disappointing.  A few old songs but done in an unrecognisable way, I don't mind his newer stuff (apart from the covers), but it was a really poor show I though.  Maybe some diehards would think otherwise.

• Troon Rally was full on -lucky to have the men behind Friday Street -Great to see Big Boss Man play last night .

The 45s were -as always -spot on
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: