Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sat, saw All or Nothing yet again. Superb as always !!

• Last Saturday, local Motown soul band Motor City Sounds doing what they do well playing at Sutton's House of Music for the last time before it closes...

Fantastic cover of SOS (Stop Her On Sight) by Edwin Starr...
    • Hate to hear of music venues closing -hopefully enough close by MG
      Ps love the name -Suttons House of Music
    • Most of the time, I go back to Melbourne for a gig, stay with family or a friend who goes with me because Ballarat is dead as far as the live music scene goes. A friend of mine owns a building where a lot of over 18s go 'clubbing' or one of the local pubs that has a large dance floor, and that's about it for Ballarat. There are more pubs than clubs or any where great to have a good night out.

The venue is/was named after local inventor, Henry Sutton.

http://suttonshouseofmusic.com.au/?page_id=668
      History
      Visit the post for more.
  • Great night out in my favourite Club, the Sonic Ballroom in Cologne. Tropical Neandertal and The Arrogants delivering top Garage Punk from France.

• A quite outstanding name --- great look -hope the sound tops the lot .?
    • Tropical Neandertal are French but with a brazilian singer; they do some rough 60s standards with portuguese lyrics. I think you saw Les Grys Grys in Glasgow last year!? The Arrogants are similar, though maybe not THAT wild... anyway, get their album if you can! ;-)

• Dogtooth -At Dunoon -prettier inside -Decent sound all round - might be time for the lads to drop some of the covers .

• You look pretty cool there Scott.
    • Thanks Carl -didn't look too clever later on !
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: