Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well enjoy the Jake Bugg concert Kai, even if you would rather be elsewhere. I have never been to a gig by a 2Tone act so this would be the first if I go. I did initially like the music but the gigs back then were mainly the preserve of skins, and we did not exactly get on too well in those days.
    • Yeah much more relaxed these days, even when I went to see the Bad Manners and Roy Ellis (Symarip) a few years ago; which was basically attended by (mainly good natured) Skins only. Different times in the early 80s indeed!
    • It is good to see things have changed for the better between the Mods and skins Kai. Its funny to look back to then as most of the skins I come across are decent people and have none of the baggage that went with a lot of skins back in the early 80s.
  • A few of us attended the From the Jam gig at the Glasgow ABC last night. The guys were on top form and it was a really enjoyable night. It looked to me as if there was more people inside the venue than there should have been but that aside a great gig.
    • Pity they don't come over here, Chris...
    • Surprised that they have not been over to Germany Kai. Quite sure they would pull in very good crowds.
  • Tomorrow in Durham. Hope it'll be good? 

• It'll be excellent ! Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I certainly did. It was a great show. Lovely to hear all the songs live.
    • I had no doubts you'd have a good time. I've actually seen the show four times. Some people have seen it more then thirty times can you believe ? I must admit that is maybe a tad excessive but hey !  Whatever rocks your boat !

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: