Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah you most certainly could Kai, and I am sure that the accoustics would be amazing.
  • A Must See for The Small Faces Fans.I saw The Small Fakers(My 2nd Time) in Truro last nite.Good Mod Style Support from local band The Viewers who do all their own stuff.

The Small Fakers are Touring and could be at a Venue Near or not so Near to You. Check em out.Here is a Link for Tour Dates/Venues  http://www.smallfakers.co.uk/gigs.html  ;

• Heading to Glasgow on Saturday to see them on a double bill -thank god for a weekend gig .
      Good old venue -sold out I think
    • I saw the Small faces stage show a while ago at the Durham Gala theater. It was a good night out and great to hear the songs played live by competent professional musicians. A few years ago i saw Quadrophenia live in Brighton. That was very good too. So i think live stage shows have their place, if done well. Of course if they are not to someones taste they can sit in their arm chair or lie on the sofa at home and listening to records, and imagine the scene?

I think tribute bands also have their place. of course like any band you need to make sure you are going to see a good one. Even those bands that are supported by record companies and slick PR machines may turn out to be little more than fuzzy noise and shouting when seen live. Those who are any good will last the test of time.

I would not put FTJ in the tribute act category. As of course Mr Foxton was an original member and helped to write and play the songs we love. Also it you wish to hear those songs then FTJ is your best chance, especially with Weller having wondered so far from the path. So, room for all, just remember to sift the wheat from the chaff. 

• Saw the stage show in Dublin, great night . Some of the cast came back to Bubbles Mod night in Dublin city centre which a friend of mine Paul Davis runs.

• Couldn't agree more  SR !!

• I have been to see the SF a number of times and will be going to see them again on Nov 11th. They are really good and I would thoroughly recommend them to any Small Faces fans. Most of us on the site never had the chance to see the real deal but I have seen many clips of them performing on stage and in studios and to me the SF do a great job both musically and theatrically.
    • I also went to see FTJ a few weeks ago Gary and thought they were very good. Yet again I have seen them a good few times so knew what to expect. I remember seeing them a few years ago and they did a few numbers that they had recently composed, and suffice to say the response was muted. Its a tough call for me tbh, generally i am not a massive fan of tribute acts but some are pretty decent and worth seeing. I wish there was a really good young band out there playing the sort of music I like with original compositions but I just do not see it. Even my sons, who are more in touch with the contemporary misic scene say there is nothing exciting happening. Maybe its like the mid 70s and this is the quiet before the storm and something good will surface again. I doubt it tbh, but here's hoping.
    • They are excellent Steve ! No surprise you had a good night !

• Not really too much into tribute bands normally, but I'd really love to see them some time.
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: