Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also went to see FTJ a few weeks ago Gary and thought they were very good. Yet again I have seen them a good few times so knew what to expect. I remember seeing them a few years ago and they did a few numbers that they had recently composed, and suffice to say the response was muted. Its a tough call for me tbh, generally i am not a massive fan of tribute acts but some are pretty decent and worth seeing. I wish there was a really good young band out there playing the sort of music I like with original compositions but I just do not see it. Even my sons, who are more in touch with the contemporary misic scene say there is nothing exciting happening. Maybe its like the mid 70s and this is the quiet before the storm and something good will surface again. I doubt it tbh, but here's hoping.
    • They are excellent Steve ! No surprise you had a good night !

• Not really too much into tribute bands normally, but I'd really love to see them some time.
    • Kai, The Small Fakers are Top Notch IMO...They were Awesome much Better than I remembered them the 1st Time I saw them a few years ago. They are Rated by Kenny Jones....I got to see Steve Marriott Live in 86 with the Packet of Three...met him aswell,I'm sure he would be impressed. I have also seen From The Jam twice and I Rate Them, Never saw The Jam was just too young at 12 when they split! As Tribute Acts go these Two are Top Quality for me.  

• The Spitfires at a groovy cellar Club in Bochum yesterday; an absolutely great night all around!

• Yeah, the Spitfires are great live and they are NOW. Who needs crappy tribute bands and stupid musicals.
    • Definitely can do without crap tribute acts and musicals. In fact could easily live without crap bands full stop.
    • Could well do without crap in general, haha!
    • Mmm, i have to admit to liking a little crap in general. Not so sure the general appreciated it right enough ha ha
    • My profession might enable me to get the crap out of the General... :-)

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: