Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It is indeed, I watched Ocean colour scene there a couple of years back, playing an acoustic set, really enjoyed it. Sadly only marred by the car parking vultures who charged us about £10 for being there two and a half hours :-(

• Yes indeed Alan it's a total rip-off as far as parking goes. Public transport is the answer I suppose. Of course the venue could stop charging at 6, like other places?
    • It's £50 to park at Wembley, stadium now SR That is a rip off !!

• Well that's just for tourists and mugs surly lol
    • Point taken but plenty pay it. Not me I might add !

• Car park fees really p**s me off, pure profiteering for virtually no maintenance or outlay, Hospitals being the biggest culprits, profiteering from folk who are ill or are visting sick relatives, absolutely disgraceful. All owned by consortiums of wealthy businessmen :-(

• Saw the Skatalites earlier this month with original vocalist Doreen Shaffer. The horns, the timbre, the tension, timeless compositions and the roar of appreciation from the crowd made this a magical evening.
  • Jake Bugg solo in Cologne yesterday; in a Church, of all places. Ideal accoustics for that kind of gig.

• I really liked his first 2 LP's, I thought the third was poor, what's the new one like Kai?

• Stick with the first two, Dave. The songs from the following two are great when performed live, albums are 'overproduced', though.
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: