Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Haha, yes, I guess it will something like that in Düsseldorf too, Alan!

• Saw them live around five years ago Kai and they were very good. After the gig they came back to the club that Molloy and Mikey had put on. Had plenty of time for anyone who wanted a chat or had stuff they wanted signed. Great band and great people too.

• Should be great Chris; small club in the heart of Düsseldorf, where you're familiar with most of the attending crowd!

• Sounds great Kai. The last time they played here it was a small club that held maybe 300. As you would expect it was packed and had a great atmosphere. If they were playing here again I would go again but the furthest north they are coming is in Alan's neck of the woods. I am sure you will both thoroughly enjoy the night.

• I'm sure we will, Chris!

• Again... the Godfathers of Punk... the Sonics!

• Jake Bugg again... my son still stunned that Jake handed him his plec after the show, haha!

• Might need a team line up check ; but I don't care .
    Tickets bought for The Beat starring Dave Wakeling ; at just over a score -I'm having it .
    Have saw both bands and do prefer when Dave is up front .
    Weller gig at Hydro looming -no regrets -love him dearly - but a no no .
    • Anyone see them on Jools Holland hootenanny?, read comments about it being 'embarrassing' sometimes bands should just let it be.

• I have seen the two songs. Although not on the night as I was over the Atlantic at the time. I thought they were OK. But Daves voice was straining. Still a good time band. A much delayed and promised new album is due out in March. We shall see!!!
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: