What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

• I saw Paul McCartney back in September (to the great annoyance of the guy next to me and the people behind me). I actually had the privledge of meeting his two guitarists. The hotel was right next to the venue, and I had lost a pin off my dress between when I left the venue and entered my hotel room. I went back to look for it, and just as I admitted defeat and made my way back to the elevators, the guitarists appeared! Unfortunately, I couldn't get an autograph (I left my purse in the room), but I did thank them (a lot) and ask them to give a message to Paul. 

• After waiting 15 long years, I managed to see him in December last year - but travelled interstate by plane - as I wanted to commemorate what would have been the anniversary of John's passing (Australia time/Dec 9). It was well worth me being up standing/dancing on the spot all night and not sitting down for anybody!! ;-)

• (to the great annoyance of the guy next to me and the people behind me).

I'm intrigued.

• Mainly because I was screaming the whole time, and I was holding up my signs (at the appropriate times, of course) and the guy behind me was trying to film. Note to anyone wanting to film a signifigant amount of a concert: Don't get a fucking floor seat! Well, joke's on them because i'm short, now they've gotten a taste of their own medicine. Lord Lennon above, I hate tall people at concerts. Proud to say that my voice was shredded by the end of the night!

• So, Chris; Mr Molloy got the James Hunter Six to play the GMW this year. Looks like we're gonna miss something there, Alan! :-(

• Sorry about the lack of reply Kai but the computer was playing up. If the James Hunter six are playing the GMW that is great news and I will definitely buy tickets and check them out. Was at the Paul Weller gig last night. I think it was really good but who knows ha ha. Went to a post gig do after it put on by the Tailor Made guys and it was brilliant. Did not get back until around quarter past three. Feeling a bit wooly headed today but what a day and night.

• A brilliant night obviously, Chris, judging by the numerous Facebook posts. Did you see the Strypes in the end?

• We ended up meeting people in a pub close to the hydro and as ever got chatting and missed the support act Kai. I had asked what the other people in the company thought and they were not bothered too much about seeing them. A really good gig and the place was heavin , which is quite good considering the venue holds around 13000.

• We are not having a proper holiday abroad this year Kai, due to having the dog, so, one never knows, I may just decide to go to the GMW ;-)

• Nice one Alan; well I'm going to see Mr Hunter next month anyway! ;-)

This reply was deleted.