Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They are a band I have been meaning to check out Kai, but somehow just have not got around to it. Will correct that the next time they are in Glasgow.

• They certainly are excellent Kai ;-)

• Pure energy, and they effortlessly convey how much they enjoy playing, Alan. The whole band was at the bar for a chat and a beer afterwards.

• Absolutely Kai, they were in the bar before the gig when they played here, top band indeed.

• Morrissey at the NEC.

It was alright.

Running out of bands I want to see so I'm seeing the same bands over again which doesnt excite me much.

Guess thats why I'm always on the look out for new bands.

Problem is I have to really like a band to go and see them live, plenty of new bands I like but would I fork out the dosh and travel to go see them?  That's the question.

Next up is another band I've alreay seen From The Jam.

• Have you seen the Len Price 3 Dave? Well worth a look if not.

• The next weeks will have me see: Stone Foundation, The Selecter, The Beat, Fleshtones, Heavyball, Lisa Melissa & The Mess (class Soul act from France), Durand Jones And The Indications and possibly I manage to squeeze in The Stems plus Il Senato (feat. Fay Hallam and Luca Re) before it's time for Linz mid May with Long Tall Shorty and The Spitfires, among others. Don`t see how live gigs can be a 'hobby', David. It's hard work, hahaha!

• Sounds ok Kai, but if you have seen one band you have seen them all ha ha

• Uh... forgot to mention the Chords UK, but that's already after Linz... will it ever end...!? That will mark the beginning of a well deserved Summer break (I hope...) until the Bremen Weekender in early September. 

• Just think of all that Becks waiting on you Kai.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: