Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Too much new material from both bands for my taste, Chris.Of course we old geezers came for the old stuff, hahaha! But Roger as well as Pauline still got it, it has to be said! 

• If I went to see them I would want to hear all the late 70s early 80s stuff too Kai. In an ideal world the new stuff would be as good as the music that made them. It is definitely great to see them still having a go at making new material, it sadly does not usually live up to their back catalogue hence the demand for the classics.

• ... of course Three Minute Hero, Too Much Preasure, Rankin' Full Stop and Tears of a Clown were all there, Chris. But Selecter for instance played nothing from the Celebrate The Bullet Album, which I quite like. And- yes- Madness were the only ones who made REALLY great albums in recent years, imo.

• I would say that the Beat were probably (just in front of the Specials) my favourite Two Tone band, although I know they were not on that label long. I actually liked the Selecter better as the years passed and my favourite track of theirs is 'Missing Words.' I thought the first two albums from Madness were really good, after that I did not care for them really so have never bothered to hear any of their recent material.

• You should really give 'The Liberty Of Norton Folgate' from 2009 a listen. Excellent album!

• NW5 is a fantastic single. The vinyl is really thick like the old blue beat singles.

• Since you have recommended it I will add it to my list Kai. 

• ... I just keep wondering why this pic gets me in the right mood for Easter, hahaha!

• Spot on Chris; that's Bettina, who in mid May will return again as one of the two Pentacost Loreley 's...:-D

• Everyone looking great and summery despite what looks to be rain Kai. Please excuse my ignorance, and I am sure the answer will be strikingly obvious...but what is a pentacost Loreley ? It sounds like some religious thing.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: