Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Last Nite-From The Jam-Been seeing them yearly for the last few years, get better every time. This Tour is A's n B Sides with Album Tracks, aswell as the usual Greatest Hits. Here's the less expected Tracks that were played, opened with Little Boy Soldiers and Private Hell, other Gems-To be Someone,David Watts,Smithers Jones,Liza Radley,Butterfly Collector,English Rose,Pretty Green,But I'm Different Now...As always Top Gig.

• seeing them again next month....not a big fan of seeing the same bands over and over but they are playing very close so what the heck.

• Not seem em myself but heard nothing but good about the band !

• That sound fantasic. I hope to see them this summer.

• A pity they never cross over to the Continent...

• That is a shame Kai. I suppose like all bands they go where thery can sell enough tickets or are invited?

• Yes I suppose so. Although The Jam were popular in Germany, with Going Underground making No. 1 I think, and Weller still fills mid-sized venues today...

• Kai U need to Contact their Management get them over, they said they had just come back from Japan, so they do Travel

• Yeah they played Australia too, all they do is tour, must have done 100's of gigs over the past few years, not bad for what is essentially a covers band.

• Right, cheers SR; might actually try that...

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: