Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That is a shame Kai. I suppose like all bands they go where thery can sell enough tickets or are invited?

• Yes I suppose so. Although The Jam were popular in Germany, with Going Underground making No. 1 I think, and Weller still fills mid-sized venues today...

• Kai U need to Contact their Management get them over, they said they had just come back from Japan, so they do Travel

• Yeah they played Australia too, all they do is tour, must have done 100's of gigs over the past few years, not bad for what is essentially a covers band.

• Right, cheers SR; might actually try that...

• Kai=SR !?..LOL.....I would rather see FTJ....Recomended.

Finished with PW lost his Vocals n churns out Dross IMO.Never really warmed to Bruce and crossed his path at a FTJ Gig and Weren't impressed with his Attitude to Fans.The Music does the talkin and I will keep seeing them until my Funeral Pyre!  

• CAN I GET this right. You were not impressed with Bruce foxtons attitude? I've met him many times and he's always been the perfect gentleman 

• Yeh SR, Not everyone has the Same Experience meeting people...Bruce was out of order few years back, a Local Scooterist said FTJ wanted Scooters to Line Up outside the Gig Venue Daytime and do a Photo Shoot. The Band were a little late, we had been waitin over an hour for them, bear in mind it was Daytime. He was gonna ignore the 20 odd Scooters and Riders without aknowledgement. I called out to him, we had gathered together for you, as I could see he was just going to walk on by without sayin anythin, He just said, yeh I can see that....Walked in to Soundcheck. Maybe he didn't know the Story, however he still was going to ignore the Fans, it was obvious some effort had been made on the Bands behalf. I met PW before a Gig, I know he can be Grumpy, he was Cool Signed 2 Autographs one for me and I asked him to do one for a Mate who weren't there, did it aswell. 

• Oh... sorry Steve; my eyesight leaves me with progressing age, hahaha!

• LOL Yeh know wot U mean Kai.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: