Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah, but only because it was the Mod weekender.I am just about tee (plus the odd cappucino) total as you well know Kai. I only drink occasionally to support the struggling pub trade in Glasgow, or any other town or city I visit :)

• That's a very noble course, Chris. Mr Hunter in fact plays a stunning live set; I take it he did it all with one guitar in Glasgow as well (whereas others change guitars every other tune...)?

• Yeah as far as I know you are spot on Kai, although I am not quite 100% certain. One thing I am certain of is that they were fantastic. They have some really great songs in their repertoire and the musicianship is excellent. I would go back to see them for definite if they come back up this way or are playing sonewhere I am visiting.

• From the Jam

Just back, great gig, on top form, great set list.

Crowd were good too, although in the most part terribly dressed, far too many shorts for my liking, and some lad in flip flops....flip flops on a friday night in town...mind boggles.

And a minor criticism the band asked for lights to be put on which diluted what has turning out to be quite a raucous crowd but it got better again soon after.

• A great band and a canny chap. I'm very disappointed that he doesn't tour properly in he uk. I understand that he makes his money in the US BUT it would be lovely to see a full British tour. 

The good thing about the terrible way people dress at the moment,  is that it's easy for us to look fabulous. 

• Just hanging out with Ms PP Arnold in Melbourne...

• Love it Bec x

• Superb Becs. A great moment xx

• Great Photo, how was the Gig? 

• Apart from a few photos and autographs, I managed to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and she reciprocated!! Very gracious, loving and generous with her time.

She was mindblowing on stage! The stories she told about each song, the jokes... what a top night! I'm thinking of seeing her again next Friday, now!

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: