Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The advantage of FB, Chris. You don't miss a single event worldwide! ;-)

• I have often thought about signing up to FB but have resisted up till now.

• Did so, too,  for many years. But regarding events it has become invaluable. 

• You'll find me under my name! ;-)

• Yeah it is things like that and making it easier fir people to contact you that have made me ponder it. Maybe one day.

• Nice one Steve... Welcome aboard! You are in good company mate. Honest, genuine, and authentic people who don't take life too seriously but know there stuff ;0)

• Thanks Gary, feel at home already. 

• Yeah it's good to have someone fresh regular contributor. Getting a bit too intimate here, haha!

• ;-) I thought the song The In Crowd would have been a more accurate description...

• And then, three days later, The James Taylor Quartet at The Haunt in Brighton, another top gig from a top band, they really give it everything.

Gigs coming thick and fast at the moment, part of a NY resolution to see a gig a month, though I can’t see me keeping it that low with all the great music around.

Going to the Modzines and Mod Art book signing at Modfather Clothing in Camden on Thursday, there’s a Q&A and launch party too.

Then J P Bimeni & the Black Belts at The Pickle Factory in East London; another retro soul act that really hits the mark and a “eventful” back story to boot.

Then, gasp, Cordury at patterns in Brighton a couple of days later – jazz! nice! Excellent venue; saw Stone Foundation there at the end of last year.  Stone Foundation SF are back in Brighton in November – yep!!

Going to try and catch Nick Waterhouse (free!) at Rough Trade East on March 9th. His new album has a surf/soul sound to it; what’s not to like?

After that it’s all quiet (so far) until May 24th when it’s the Sha la La’s + Senior Service + Rare Soul Quintet at The Hope & Anchor in Islington.

Oh, and Nine Below Zero at The Concorde 2, Brighton in November.  T

To be continued………   

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: