Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great recollections Ernie. For what its worth you were probably better being safe than sorry re the Alex Harvey rumour, he did have a reputation of being a bit of a screwball.

• Great memories, Ernie. Thanks for sharing!

• Hi Folks, sorry if that last post read like a leaper fuelled stream of consciousness, or just plain verbal diarrhoea, from a guy from nowhere. 

I’ve been a regular lurker on the forum for a couple of years but never found my voice to post anything.  I feel like I know all you regular posters because we share so much of a common cause, mainly threads and music. 

I’ve suffered with chronic depression for many years and at times it’s seemed that the madder I get, the modder I get; the clothes being a suit of armour and the music being a respite. 

In the middle of last year I got the heave-ho from my job (the pressure of which was mainly what was making me ill) and decided to try and cruise into retirement without alternative employment. The cliche “I don’t know how I ever fitted work in” has become my reality and my saving grace as far as my health is concerned. 

I have been amassing books (I have an ever growing library covering sixties fashion, music, art, film, culture and politics, as well as the revival) clothes (I’ll share my January Sales haul with you in the “What I bought today” or “Show us your shoes” threads) and music (I’m mainly digital, my vinyl is mostly framed and on the wall).  

Escaping the black dog of depression has kind of set me free to express myself openly and this forum of like minded individuals would seem to be the ideal platform to share the sheer joy of modernism’s opportunities. 

I look forward to sharing purchases, views , reviews and just plain old banter with you all in the near future. 

• I only know firsthand of your depression, Steve as I am in the same boat as these lads are aware already. Over the years - in good and bad times - on MG, I have drawn some strength from them. You are not alone, ergo my friend request.

You don't have to apologise to any of us who are regulars on here. Looking forward to hearing from you... especially on my thread of 'What I bought today' ;-)

Love in Mod,

[The Other Posh] Bec[s]

(Australia)

X

• Welcome to MG Steve. There's some really good people here. Looking forward to your input mate :-)

• Welcome on to the site Steve. As Gary says it is a friendly bunch mostly (unless you diss Gary's pooch ha ha). It is always good to hear other opinions so we will look forward to your slant. It is very brave of you to come on a public forum and talk about your depression, I really hope it helps.

• Thanks Chris, appreciate you kind words and welcome. 

• A pleasure Steve. There are a lot of really good people on here so you will fit in fine.

• Fay Hallam playing  this years Glasgow Mod Weekender, Chris! Don't miss her! ;-)

• Glad you mentioned this Kai, I just grabbed tickets to see her at The Hope & Ruin in Brighton at the end of April. 

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...