What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I only know firsthand of your depression, Steve as I am in the same boat as these lads are aware already. Over the years - in good and bad times - on MG, I have drawn some strength from them. You are not alone, ergo my friend request.

You don't have to apologise to any of us who are regulars on here. Looking forward to hearing from you... especially on my thread of 'What I bought today' ;-)

Love in Mod,

[The Other Posh] Bec[s]

(Australia)

X

• Welcome to MG Steve. There's some really good people here. Looking forward to your input mate :-)

• Welcome on to the site Steve. As Gary says it is a friendly bunch mostly (unless you diss Gary's pooch ha ha). It is always good to hear other opinions so we will look forward to your slant. It is very brave of you to come on a public forum and talk about your depression, I really hope it helps.

• Thanks Chris, appreciate you kind words and welcome. 

• A pleasure Steve. There are a lot of really good people on here so you will fit in fine.

• Fay Hallam playing  this years Glasgow Mod Weekender, Chris! Don't miss her! ;-)

• Glad you mentioned this Kai, I just grabbed tickets to see her at The Hope & Ruin in Brighton at the end of April. 

• Saw her twice recently, Steve; still as stunning as the first time in 1986! ;-)940144998?profile=RESIZE_930x

• The Hope is a 150 capacity venue Kai so it should be a pretty “intimate” gig; I love that. 

• About the same capacity as the Sonic Ballroom in Cologne, where she played with Il Senato last May.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...