What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is their latest 7", from 2016, I think.1110619571?profile=RESIZE_710x

• https://youtu.be/ZYWJOnTwjcE

Here you are, Steve. It's a few years old but all I could find.

• Friday night i went to see the Spitfires supported by a new band to me called Social Room very good on both counts.

• Spitfires coming over here twice a year by now. Gonna see them again in June; 3rd time within a year. Always worth going!

• Billy must lose 5/6 pounds in weight each gig he never stops moving.

• And loses a pint of spit each gig. Maybe that's why they're called the Spitfires, hahaha!

• This reply was deleted.
    • I can well imagine that the west end of London was a bit dodgy to say the least back then Ernie. I have read a few times now that the Scene was not exactly a place for the faint hearted and that many people only went once and never returned as they felt a bit intimidated by some of the patrons. Believe it or not there was a Scene Club up here in the early 1960s ( one too in the early 80s) but it was closed down after someone was murdered on the premices.

It is always great to hear from people who were doing the rounds when it all first happened. It is especially good to read the fine details about the bands not always being great and that Guy Stevens was not everyones favourite DJ at the Scene. Cheers Ernie please keep them coming.

• Great details about the various clubs and clubbers there Ernie and some of it is eerily similar to what we used to do. On a Friday night we often all met up on our scooters and headed into the city centre. There would often be about a dozen of us and we would go to a certain boozers and then up to another one that was a well know Mod haunt. We never drank much tbh, maybe a couple of pints but were happy just to hang out with like minded people. Towards the end of the night we would head up to another part of the town where a Mod club called the Lindella would be coming out around midnight and hang out there and talk to the punters coming out of the club. Most of us would probably rather have been in the club but had to save our money for the Saturday night when our Scene club was on. The Saturday was totally different as we never took our scoots down. That would be a night for drinking and dancing till 3 am and no one wanted to be lumbered with their scooter. Other people came and went on their scooters, stopping outside the club to chat, but no one parked their scooter at the front of the club and left it there until the club closed; there is every chance it would have disappeared long before the club ended. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • Great recollections Ernie. For what its worth you were probably better being safe than sorry re the Alex Harvey rumour, he did have a reputation of being a bit of a screwball.

• Great memories, Ernie. Thanks for sharing!

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...