What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3864115621?profile=RESIZE_930xDie Sterne from Hamburg with a brand new line up on Thursday... still Germanys finest!

• 3845932511?profile=RESIZE_930xFor all friends of contemporary Soul who missed them first time around or, like me, would love to see them once more....

• 3835306897?profile=RESIZE_930xLast night: Organ driven beat by french Supergroup 'Le Chiffre Organ-ization', who are basically The Gentlemens Agreements minus the singer.

Hard not to dance.

• The magnificent Tesky Brothers at Concorde2, Brighton on 22/01/20. They added in a Hammond for this gig which only added to the soulfu sounds that pour out of this band. 
    Sorry no video links, YouTube is blanking my uploads. 
    3831933619?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Managed to get YouTube uploads working again after a reinstall.  When he straps on the Telecaster, Sam can make it sound like Peter Green's "magic" Les Paul. Josh's take is that he sings the guitar rather than plays it - I can go for that!

Tesky Brothers

• Last few months:

Fontaines D.C

Geneva

Dirty Laces

The Gallerys

Cast

Clan of Xymox

Murder Capital (March)

• Chrikey Thull, that's a leftfield list!! Had to look most of them up, only know Clan of Xymox from 4ADs Lonely is an Eyesore compilation (I was a rabid Cocteau's fan and got into most of the 4AD stuff). 

• First of the year; new bass player, new name (they were The Cretins) stlill with the hard edge of R&B. 
    3823474979?profile=RESIZE_930x3823477524?profile=RESIZE_930x

• 3772680693?profile=RESIZE_930x

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...