Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Still got the original September Gurls. Love it!

• Always loved Squire. Still good live, I suppose!?

• I think its only the one original member now. But as he's the singer and guitarist thats fine. They were very good indeed and the sound from a 12 string Ric was immense. SA were also on top form.

• 2117774180?profile=RESIZE_930xNot a typical gig, but a big Berlin Film Orchestra performing Bond songs and soundtracks at the Essen Philharmonic with and without scenes on the big screen. Lovely! 

• A motley looking crew, admittedly, but these guys blew my mind last Thursday. Wilko Johson's band, were simply outstanding, each one of them treated the audience to a wonderful solo, on their respective instruments2033597587?profile=RESIZE_930x, Norman Watt-Roy on bass, was truly brilliant, I left the auditorium with a huge smile on my face.

• 2013607920?profile=RESIZE_930x2013634321?profile=RESIZE_930xThe Groovy Cellar from Berlin perform @ Modlord, Düsseldorf. Great Art Pop in the Tradition of the TV Personalities and The Times.

• 1702984280?profile=RESIZE_930xStone Foundation at a groovy little basement club that was already graced by the likes of Dizzy Gillespie and Art Blakey. What more could you wish for!?

• Need to catch those guys.

• Absolutely; saw them three times; always in top form!

• Looks excellent Kai. They are a fantastic band that I will certainly be back to see the next time they play here.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...